Faculty and staff email lists are available for communicating with specific groups of employees. The lists are tightly moderated and their use is governed by the Central Administrative Email Lists Policy.
- All faculty and staff may submit messages to the lists.
- Messages submitted to the lists are moderated for content; however, the sender is responsible for accuracy of the information submitted (dates, times, phone numbers, grammar, and punctuation).
- Content must be specific to the selected audience and relevant to all members of the selected audience.
- Messages generally should be sent to only one list. Under some circumstances, the moderator may grant permission to send to multiple lists based on the content of the message, but this is determined on a case by case basis. A message may not be sent to multiple lists as a way to reach all CSU employees.
- Messages must be about official university business and serve a business purpose.
- The lists may not be used to distribute newsletters or to promote events, which should be done through SOURCE.
- Messages that are relevant to more than one audience should be submitted to SOURCE or posted and/on the CSU University Events Calendar.
|List||Audience||Address||How the List is Populated|
|AcadFac||Academic Facultyemail@example.com||Lists are generated based on eID and HR data. No opt-in is required; there is no opt-out.|
|AdminPro||Administrative Professionalsfirstname.lastname@example.org||Lists are generated based on eID and HR data. No opt-in is required; there is no opt-out.|
|StateClass||State Classified Personnelemail@example.com||Lists are generated based on eID and HR data. No opt-in is required; there is no opt-out.|
|DeptAdmin (formerly DeptSect)||Department Secretariesfirstname.lastname@example.org||Lists are generated based on data on in the Oracle Human Resource Management System (see the HRMS User Guide, section 5).|
|DDD||Deans, Directors, Department Headsemail@example.com||Lists are generated based on data on in the Oracle Human Resource Management System (see the HRMS User Guide, section 5).|
Messages submitted to faculty/staff campus email lists are moderated twice a day (morning and afternoon) by the Department of Internal Communications. Messages must by submitted by 2 p.m. to be moderated on the same day. Messages are not moderated when the University is closed.
Guidelines for All Faculty/Staff Campus email Lists
- Message Topic: Colorado State University applies the rules set down in the Federal Private Express Statutes for moderating the faculty/staff campus email lists. In summary, the content must be “the business of the agency” and not contain commercial advertising, religious or political editorials or solicitations, or unlawful or obscene material.
- Message Content and Length: Messages should be concise, to the point, and include a point of contact for more information.
- Events, activities, lectures, discussions, and similar announcements that target a single list audience are acceptable. All other events should be posted to the University Events Calendar or the Working at CSU Calendar.
- Employment opportunities and open positions should be posted using the services offered by Human Resource Services. Exceptions must be approved at the VP level.
- Spelling, Grammar, Accuracy, and Readability: The sender is responsible for spelling, grammar, and accuracy of names, titles, dates, etc. Moderators cannot line edit submissions.
- Email Etiquette: Avoid sending messages in all capital letters and use only commonly known abbreviations and acronyms. Messages that contain libel, slander, or obscenities will be rejected.
- Subject Line: Messages must contain a subject line (a short, relevant sentence is appropriate); avoid using all caps.
- Signature: Include a brief signature so recipients know who the message is from and who to contact for more information.
- Attachments: Messages sent to the faculty/staff campus email lists may include attachments.
- Retracting, Editing: Messages sent to the faculty/staff campus email lists cannot be retracted or edited.